Sunday, April 28, 2013

A new addition!


We've been waiting at least 8 weeks to find out some very exciting news! Something we were hoping for but didn't know if it was the right timing. 

Now we know it is. 
We're very excited to announce an addition to the family coming soon! 

My younger sister Sarah has decided to dip her toes in the unknown and join us in Peru! 

(I cant believe you would actually think I'd be crazy enough to get pregnant...again...well at least not right now..teehee)

So a few weeks ago I received a face book msg that read:

~



"Hey Shell! So...you want an extra pair of hands down in South America? I would love to come down and have an adventure with you guys for a while. I am saying this in all seriousness. I would need to give 2 weeks notice and my job, and mom/dad have a couple concerns, but if you want some help and if something can be worked out I really want to come spend a month or so down there with you guys. I obviously don't want to mess up any of your plans and have money to pay my own way. So ya know tell me what you think and be frank, cuz if you're up for it and it can be worked out I would quit my job tomorrow, and it doesn't need to be right away either if you guys are deep in the jungle now I could wait till you only have a month or so left on your trip, whatever works. What do you think? -Sarah"
Each sentence had me wiggling in my seat with excitement as I read this little gem. We had told Sarah before we left that she should totally come out and stay with us for a while once we got to Peru! Sadly it seamed she had her heart set on other plans to go to school in Seattle. I though "ok I will let it go and wait to see if she ever changes her mind". Now here we are with two full months left and I get the fabulous news Sarahs mind has changed! During the remainder of the time here in Peru I get the privilege of sharing this beautiful experience with my 18 year old sister! Sarah arrives here in Cuzco Peru on Sunday the 28th. I have nothing but excitement and admiration for my little sis. What I would have given to of had an opportunity like this right out of high school! Although I was a lot more reckless then Sarah at that age so I very well may have gotten into some big trouble. Maybe its better I didn’t. Luckily I wont have to worry to much about Sarah, she's a lot more mature then I was. Anyhow endless opportunity awaits her in the way of beauty, enlightenment, friendship, exploration and memories to be made. She’s a beautiful girl with an adventurous heart, ready to explore the world. I'm sensing she will touch many and have a beautiful impact on this planet. I’m so glad we get to be part of her first ever stamp on the passport! See you soon sister.


5 comments:

  1. My Darling Daughters ROCK !!! and I am referring to all my daughters. They are the most beautiful roses to be planted on this earth. Have fun girls and Sarah we found three of my missing brushes in your room...ROFL
    Mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahah! Love you mom! Heading to the airport NOW!

      Delete
  2. That is so exciting! You guys are going to have a blast. The day after I graduated High School, Jamie(my sister) and I got on a plane to Texas to live with our other sister Jennifer for the summer! It was the best summer of my life! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I am super relieved that you're not having to adjust to a pregnancy right now! Your sister's presence and help will be an invaluable asset to your journey. I hope you both enjoy every minute of your time together in Peru!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your family! Yea for your sister! She will never regret it!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete