Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Whirlwind of Peruvian Paradise Photos


Recently this amazing gem showed up in town. Never mistake Peruvians for the ability to make "Mexican" food. Burritos, tacos, etc...it simply doesn't exist in Peru. When these awesome guys showed up in this hole in the wall, straight from Mexico...well we almost died. This grub was mighty fine, and not just because we havent had mexican food in so long but it could easily hold it's own in the states.



I like to call this one "My little Peruvian Hill Billies."
We absolutely LOVE all the old doors and eccentric clay walls everywhere you turn!

Wen you see a pole with plastic wrapped around the end, sticking out of a door, you know that means "we have alcohol here." 




Don't mind the spelling errors on the flyer but I just cant wait to host this awesome event!
Herbs, Herbs Herbs! Never been so inspired to understand sacred plants, herbs and the healing power within them all! 


Many mornings, if not most you can catch our little five-some making the teck into town to buy eggs and bread. 














On my way to another Sacred Women's Ceremony! A place along side a beautiful river, in nature, where women on their moons and all of us bringing our own medicine gifts, shower each other in love and powerful healing femininity. Medicine, singing, sharing, embracing, healing, empowering. loving, crying, connecting, blessing and releasing as we honor nature, Pachamama, and each other. 











Morning coffee and tea in our house with a beautiful view of the Andes Mountains, the longest mountain range in the world. 

She's 10 months now but this little cutie named Rowen started walking at the end of her ninth month! Just had to keep up with her older siblings! 


Always a festivity happening in Pisac! 



Trinity! Another wonderful person, healer, determined light seeker, friend, warrior we've had the privilege to get to know here. 

Zara thinks it's way awesome to trade  full outfits with Pax. I think its pretty dang cute.




The night we walked on FIRE! Well not actually burning fire but 700-1000 degree HOT coals straight out of the fire! After singing, dancing, chanting, awakening a part of our Kundilini, and honoring our intentions, we bravely and pretty gracefully walked over the coals only to love it so much we did it a few more times! It was one of the funner things I've ever done and definitely empowering. By the way the "Fire Walk" is the thing I referred to a couple post ago when I said "I cant believe what I've signed myself up for". Now I'm so glad I did. 






Little Peruvian girls in the streets pretending to wear their babies on their backs like mamas! Zara likes to play that game too. 


A fun day exploring Cuzco with my awesome little sister Sarah! 




Allyson. Oh I miss her so. A good, good friend, or sole sister I found here in Peru. 
Prema! Loved her since the first day we met at Deago's retreat! She loves us and cares for us truly like family! So grateful to  have her graceful presence in our lives. 


Just a good day for some pudding painting! 
Thats right we all fit into a moto together! 


Seen some pretty dang scary looking spiders around the house! This one on the rock by Pax is already dead and Pax is completely fascinated. 

Finally cut those cute dread locks out of Rowens hair. 

Zara Boo In complete imaginary play. 
Rowens a champ with her Baby- led- weaning program! Never mashed a food in her life. She just eats it whole and big like we do...without choking. Google baby-led-weaning if your interested. I started writing a whole thing on it but have yet to finish.
We found this beautiful bank by the river on an evening walk. The kids call it "the sand box" ever since. 








Still love all the free roaming beautiful cows.








I WILL have my own wild Eucalyptus trees someday like these tall beautiful ones behind Pax! They smell amazing and sweet with so many health benefits. 















A day at the Spa...Kind of. A good friend Trinity gifted me an hour massage with him and our friends in Cuzco. The beds were plank wood with holes cut out for your face to go in and some foam padding on top. Even though the place was pretty bare bones, third world country style, this 20 sole, not dollar, massage was pretty darn legit! Other then getting coughed/sprayed on reputedly by my gal...the massage was relaxing and I'm glad I got to enjoy the day with great people.



More and more since being here I'v embraced my inner goddess and all the love she has to share! I feel overwhelmed with love for my sisters of the world and brothers as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Beautiful Pictures! You look so happy and beautiful in all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Stacy. Instagram does all the work making pics look a whole lot better. Love youxo

      Delete